Update on using Two Factor Authentication using text message on twitter
- Only Twitter Blue subscribers can use the text message two-factor authentication method
- Users have till March 19, 2023, to remove the authentication method from their accounts or risk losing access
Twitter users are receiving prompts on mobile and on the web that they must remove the text message-based authentication system to avoid losing access to their accounts.
How to remove Text Message Two- Factor Authentication on Twitter
Other Two-Factor Authentication Options Available
There are still other two factor authentication options available for you to further safeguard your twitter account apart from the text message in case you aren’t a Twitter Blue user.
Use a mobile authentication app to get a verification code to enter every time you log in to Twitter
Use a security key that inserts into your computer or syncs to your mobile device when you log in to Twitter. You’ll need to use a supported mobile device or web browser
3.Update and use strong passwords
Safeguard your account by using a strong password that will keep hackers from gaining access to your twitter account. Below are tips on how you can create a strong password
- At least 12 characters long but 14 or more is better.
- A combination of uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Not a word that can be found in a dictionary or the name of a person, character, product, or organization.
- Significantly different from your previous passwords.
- Easy for you to remember but difficult for others to guess. Consider using a memorable phrase like “6DonkeysRLooking^”.