Video is the most popular and effective medium to communicate messages. Digital video production and storytelling course is for budding professionals with skills to produce high quality video. The best videos will always be the ones that that grab your attention, make you think, make you laugh, or cry, or elicit an emotion – and make you want to watch till the end. You get best-in-class techniques for producing engaging videos for the web & social media.
The primary goal of the course is to serve as a foundation for further exploration in digital video artwork and storytelling. Students will write, direct, act, shoot, and edit short videos, with beginning and intermediate instruction. We will cover the fundamentals of shooting, sound, lighting, and editing, among other production issues. Students will form production teams and put these techniques into practice.
• Understand storyform and how to create professional video stories
• Learn to shoot videos for social media and the web
• Work hands-on for an introduction to Adobe Premiere Pro
• Learn to storyboard and develop the narrative of a video
• Practice techniques for on-camera interviewing
• Learn to write scripts and record for professionally narrated videos
• Use new tools for creating and posting quick videos for audience engagement
• Leave with your own professional video produced by you!
• Take your career to the next level
• Recommended video production tools
• The Pre-Production Process
• Professional Video Production
• Shooting Your Video
• Editing Your Video Production
• Video Hosting
• Creating and running a channel on YouTube
The primary goal of the course is to serve as a foundation for further exploration in digital video artwork and storytelling.
Course Duration: One month (4 hours a day, 5 days a week, 3weeks of remote support)
Equipment needed: Computer or good capacity mobile phone with space to install and test apps
Targeted market: Journalists, Communication officials, Small Business Owners, Marketing Departments, Online Marketers & Agencies, Aspiring Videographers, Educational Organisations & Media Students, Affiliate Marketers
Requirements: Have a good computer and video camera or good mobile phone